THE CRUISEONE/DREAM VACATIONS “MILITARY SPOUSE” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
- DESCRIPTION: The CruiseOne/Dream Vacations Military Spouse Appreciation Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 16, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET February 28, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). By participating in the Contest, you unconditionally accept and agree to comply with and abide by these Official Rules, the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website, and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. To the extent the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Websites and of these Official Rules conflict, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail.
- SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by CruiseOne/Dream Vacations, 1201 W. Cypress Creek Rd. Ste. 100, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to current or former U.S. Military Spouses, who are legal residents of United States or the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age or older as of the start of the Contest Period, who have a computer and an internet connection. Contestants will be required to provide evidence of eligibility, including military credentials. If selected as a winner, Contestant must be willing and able to operate a CruiseOne/Dream Vacations home-based business, which requires attendance at an Initial Training Class (for information and questions about operating a CruiseOne/Dream Vacations business, go to DreamVacationsFranchise.com or call 800-762-6778).
The Contest is void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law. Employees and officers of the Sponsor, their respective parents and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration or fulfillment of this Contest (the “Promotion Parties”) and their immediate families and persons living in the same household are ineligible to participate in the Contest. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- HOW TO ENTER: Online entries only. Only one (1) Submission per natural person.
- On Our Website: Go to Sponsor’s Contest web page located at http://cruiseonefranc.wpengine.com/military-spouse/ and follow the link to the Contest entry form. Complete the online entry form in its entirety, including all required contact information, and submit it according to the on-screen instructions (”Submission”).
All information provided, including contact information, must be current and valid. Incomplete Submissions, including but not limited to those Submissions that do not meet the requirements specified in these Official Rules, will not be eligible for the next round. Submissions will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of Submission (each, a “Contestant”). “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event of a dispute over the ownership of an e-mail address, prize will be awarded to the Authorized Account Holder of the designated e-mail address. You agree that once you submit your Submission, it becomes the property of Sponsor.
All Submissions must be received by the Contest end date and time according to the computer time on Sponsor’s server. No hand or mail-in deliveries will be accepted. None of the Promotion Parties are responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Submissions and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Contestants may encounter when submitting their Submissions. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible Submissions are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules. Entries generated by a script, bot, macro or other automated means will be disqualified.
- JUDGING ROUNDS AND NOTIFICATION: There will be three (2) round of judging.
- ROUND ONE: Phone Interview. All Submissions will be screened to insure the entries meet with the Contest eligibility requirements and Sponsor’s general standards and practices prior to any judging (“Qualified Submissions”). Within approximately 72 hours of submitting their entry form, each Contestant who submitted a qualified Submission will be contacted by telephone by a CruiseOne/Dream Vacations Franchise Development Specialist (“FDS”) using the telephone number provided in the Entry Form. Contestant will be required to return the FDS’s call and submit to a phone interview within 24 hours of first attempted contact. If Contestant cannot be reached, fails to return FDS’ call or submit to a phone interview in a timely manner as required by these Official Rules, he/she will be disqualified. The phone interview will last approximately 15 to 60 minutes, in FDS’ sole discretion. FDS will provide Contestant with an overview of the CruiseOne/Dream Vacations home-based business and will be available to answer Contestant’s questions. FDS will ask Contestant a series of questions relating to Contestant’s experience, skills, passion for travel and interest in (and ability to commit to) operating a CruiseOne/Dream Vacations business. Upon conclusion of the phone interview, Contestant will let FDS know whether he/she is interested in moving forward to the next round in the Contest based on the information provided. If Contestant states that he/she is not interested, or if Contestant does not meet the Contest eligibility requirements, Contestant will not move to the next round of judging and will forfeit any chance to win the Prize.
A panel of qualified judges will select Contestants to move to the next round (“Semi-Finalists”) based on the following criteria, from among all the eligible Contestants who submitted to a phone interview and expressed an interest in moving forward:
Level of interest (60)
Eloquence (30 points)
General experience (10 points)
A representative of Sponsor or the FDS will notify Semi-Finalists by phone or email, in Sponsor’s discretion (“Notification”).
- Round Two: Submission of an Essay. In Round Two, Semi-Finalists will be asked to complete and submit, within two (2) weeks of the date of Notification, a written essay (“Essay”) as follows:
- Essay: Semi-Finalists must write an essay of at least 300 words and up to 500 words describing why you think a home-based business opportunity with CruiseOne/Dream Vacations would be a great opportunity for you and your family. Your essay must be truthful, and convey a compelling and personal message explaining, in your own words, your passion for travels, what personal skills will make you a great CruiseOne/Dream Vacations agent and your approach to operating a successful CruiseOne/Dream Vacations business. In the event that an essay exceeds 500 words, the qualified judging panel will either disqualify the entry or read only the first 500 words, at its option.
(collectively the “Semi-Finalists’ Submissions” or “Submission”).
The Submissions must also comply with the Submission Guidelines described below in these Rules.
All information provided in the Submissions, including contact information, must be truthful, current and valid. Incomplete Submissions, including but not limited to those Submissions that do not meet the requirements specified in these Official Rules, will not be eligible for judging. Submissions will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of Submission. Semi-Finalists are advised to retain copies of their Submissions for their records because the Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. You agree that once you submit your Submission, it becomes the property of Sponsor.
Once you have prepared your entry documents, send them by email as Word or PDF attachments to: Recruitment@wth.com, together with your full name, and valid mailing address, telephone number and email address. None of the Promotion Parties are responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible Semi-Finalists’ Submissions and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Semi-Finalists may encounter when submitting their Submissions. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible Submissions are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Semi-Finalist it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules.
All Submissions will be prescreened to insure the entries meet with Sponsor’s general standards and practices prior to any judging. Starting on or around March 1, 2017, a panel of qualified judges will conduct judging of all Qualified Semi-Finalists’ Submissions received during the Semi-Finalists’ Submission Period. Each submission will be judged on the following criteria:
Compliance of Sponsor’s Standards and Regulations (30 points)
Clarity, Compelling Nature and Feasibility of Essay (20 points)
Experience and Skills (20 points)
Enthusiasm and Passion for Travels (20 points)
Spelling and Grammar (10 points)
Up to twenty (20) Submissions with the highest number of points will be deemed the “Finalists.” In the event of a tie, the tying entries will be re-scored to determine Finalists. Finalists’ last name and first initial, hometown, and Submissions may be announced and posted on Sponsor’s and affiliates’ websites and/or Facebook page.
In the event of a tie, the tying entries will be re-scored to determine a Selected Contestant.
Selected Contestants will be notified by phone, email or Facebook message at the sole discretion of Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative. Selected Contestants will be required to respond (as directed) to a phone and/or e-mail notification within 72 hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize; and, in such case, Sponsor may choose the next highest scoring Submission from among the remaining eligible submissions. Selected Contestants will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) and any other documents Sponsor or Sponsor’s representative may require (including a Franchise Agreement) within 72 hours of receipt of the Affidavit. Failure to timely return a signed Affidavit or other required documents or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in Prize forfeiture. An alternate Selected Contestant may be selected from the next highest scoring Submissions (up to 3 times), if a Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Assumed notification by caller ID and any subsequent returned calls do not constitute a winner.
Winners may be announced on Sponsor’s website(s) and Facebook page, affiliated web pages and/or publications on or around May 8, 2015 (date subject to change).
- SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES: Submissions must be entirely your own work. Your essay must be original works of authorship created by the person who makes the submission. Contestants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Submission from any source. Submission may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the Contestant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the Contestant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting the Submission, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Submission in the manner set forth in these Official Rules and the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of any permissions or licenses you may have received, in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any Contestant at any time. By submitting a Submission, Contestant warrants and represents that he/she consents to the submission and use and exhibition of the Submission in the manner set forth in these Official Rules and the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion. If, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, your Submission constitutes copyright infringement, the Submission will be disqualified. Contestants agree to indemnify Sponsor, Sponsor and its officers, directors, employees and agents against any and all claims from any third party for any use of Submission by Sponsor.
- PRIZE: If eligible under these Rules, one (1) Selected Contestant will receive:
- One (1) Franchise Fee for starting a CruiseOne/Dream Vacations Home-Based Franchise under the name of the Selected Contestant ($9,800 approximate value); plus
- Up to Five Hundred Dollars ($500) as reimbursement for reasonable travel and ground transportation expenses incurred by Selected Contestant to attend the New Franchisee Training Class at Sponsor’s Fort Lauderdale offices for 6 days (“Training Class”); breakfast and lunch will be included for the 6-day training program. Subject to reimbursement request by Selected Contestant to CruiseOne/Dream Vacations. All expenses and fees related to the Training Class over $500 are Selected Contestant’s sole responsibility; plus
- Standard hotel accommodations for one (1) person in a hotel or motel of Sponsor’s choosing, in Fort Lauderdale or nearby, for up to six (6) nights in order for Selected Contestant to attend the Training Class ($600 approximate value); plus
- 1-yr of monthly service franchise fee ($1800 approximate value).
Approximate Retail Value of Prize (“ARV”): $12,700.
Subject to Sponsor’s selection process and requirements. Selected Contestants not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. Federal and state income taxes may apply and are the sole responsibility of the winner. Contestants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. Prize must be redeemed in its entirety and may not be redeemed in portion(s). If a Selected Contestant is unable to participate in or accept the prize or any portion of the prize for any reason (including attending one of Sponsor’s Training Classes), Prize shall be forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Selected Contestant. Prize may be awarded in the form of voucher(s), coupon(s) and/or gift card(s) in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All fees, costs and expenses not specifically stated as being included are excluded, and are the responsibility of the Selected Contestants, including without limitation costs and expenses related to the operation of a CruiseOne/Dream Vacations business (such as marketing and promotion, office and computer set-up, business filing fees, annual service fees and liability insurance), and any and all federal, state, and local taxes on prize. Selected Contestants will not receive cash or any other form of compensation. No assignment, transfer, cash redemption or substitution of Prize is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of comparable or greater value should Prize become impracticable to award or unavailable for any reason. The Training Class must be redeemed in 2017.
- LICENSE: By entering the Contest, Contestants hereby grant Sponsor and its successors a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers) and transferable license (with a right to create derivative works) to use, copy, distribute, perform, publicly perform and display their Submission, in any and all media, in whatever form, for any legal purposes whatsoever now known or hereinafter becomes known. Each Contestant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the Submission(s) submitted by him or her.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between or among Sponsor and any Contestant in or Selected Contestant of the Contest, each Contestant irrevocably grants the Sponsor and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Contestant’s Submission, name, photograph, likeness, biographical information, and any individual(s) participating in the Submission, in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Contest or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
- NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP / WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each Contestant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between the Contestant and the Sponsor is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Contestant’s decision to provide the Contestant’s Submission to Sponsor for purposes of the Contest does not place the Sponsor in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Contestant’s Submission. Each Contestant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the Contestant’s copyright in and to the Submission. Finally, each Contestant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Contestant relating to or arising out of any Sponsor actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Contestant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Contestant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in any way.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Contestants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, Selected Contestant agrees to release Sponsor, Facebook and the Promotion Parties, including their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Releases shall not be liable for: (i) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest, in its sole discretion, should it receive fewer than 20 entries, or receive no entries that have a judged score above 60 points, or due to circumstances beyond its control, including natural disasters. Submissions will not be returned and may be destroyed. Sponsor may prohibit a contestant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, undermine or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such contestant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other contestants or Sponsor representatives. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. Any attempts to access the site, enter the Contest or increase votes or views via a bot script, device or brute-force attack will result in disqualification, including that IP address becoming ineligible for the entire Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. This Contest shall be governed by Florida state law. By participating in this Contest, Contestants agree that Florida courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest.
- WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of a winner list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to CruiseOne/Dream Vacations, “Military Spouse” Contest Winner List, 1201 W. Cypress Creek Rd. Ste. 100, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. All such requests must be received no later than June 1, 2017.